Monday, February 8, 2016

#Dogwood Week 4, Portrait: Headshots

The #Dogwood Week 4 challenge is a Portrait of a Headshot.  They wanted this to be different than the selfie and to take a picture of someone else.  Since I normally take dog pictures, that's who I used for my head shots.

I've done some research on taking dog head shots on how to get it just right.  You focus on the eye and you try and show shoulders up.  I did that with Teach and Tucker, but Roxy got a little different kind of head shot.  

For this challenge I waited to complete it until this weekend when I got my new 35mm lens.  I've been wanting one of these since I got my camera.  I've seen people take pictures with them and I just loved what it did for a picture.  Especially how the f-stop goes to f/1.8.  Makes for fuzzy backgrounds and really brings the subject into focus.  My other lenses would do this as well but not this extent. 


 



This challenge is hosted by Dogwood Photography and called the Dogwood 52 Week Photography Challenge. 

And if you want to check out more of our challenge pictures please click this link.


No comments:

Post a Comment