Sunday, December 30, 2012

Tails of the Holidays

We are winding down the Holiday season.  Tomorrow is New Year's Eve then we welcome in another new Year, 2013.

Several things have happened since the last time I updated ... I will just hi-light them with mostly pictures.

I must mention that during this Holiday season we also lost Randy's Grandfather, Randolph Epperly, Sr.  He passed away on the 18th of December.  I feel honored to have met him and got to know him for the almost 5 years Randy and I have been together.  He will be missed by everyone around.  Here is a picture I found of him from Christmas 2010 that I want to share.

That is Randy's Beagle Bo and our Neice Ericka

Now ... onto more happy times.  The Wednesday before Christmas our cousins from New York (Mike, Sue and Ellen and dog Bailey and Charlie) stopped by on their way through to Illinois to spend Christmas out there.  We decided it would be a good idea to try and get a picture of the dog cousins.  I have to say that it went rather well and Mike got an excellent shot of them.  Roxy was a bit mortified that I made her sit, almost on top of, Teach.  Teach of course didn't care.  And Bailey and Charlie were happy to stay up high away from the long-nosed beast.  Teach wants everyone to be his friend ... but Bailey and Charlie weren't having it ... LOL!

L to R: Bailey, Charlie, Roxy, Teach

Christmas Eve we spend with Randy's family in Oak Hill.  Teach has a blast with Ericka, Taylor and Aaden. But his favorite was stalking the cat, Taz, and him stalking Teach back.  It was hours of entertainment for the both of them.  The hi-light of my evening was when my Brother-in-Law, Timmy, opened his stuffed Opossum from me.  They have one that lives down next to their building and it likes to chase and scare Timmy so as a joke I got him a stuffed one.  Love his face when he opened it:



Christmas morning Teach had to be patient to open his gifts waiting on Randy to finally wake up.  But it was worth it in the end.

Waiting.....

and it was worth the wait!

Once presents were opened up here we went to Roxy's house for Christmas there with Mom, Dad, Susan and Greg.  Roxy loves having her nephew Teach over ... not really.  But they did play nice for the most part. There was some ankle biting from Roxy as Teach would walk by.  We then went over to Grandma's for opening gifts over there.  I don't have any pictures from that occassion and Teach stayed at home.

Between all the Holiday time Teach was able to get out on a few hikes at Little Beaver and enjoy the snow.  I will leave you with a few pictures.





We hope everyone has a very Happy New Year and a great 2013!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment