Monday, February 1, 2016

#Dogwood Week 3, Artistic: Red

For the #DogwoodWeek3 photo challenge it is something red.  Something that inspires us.  Well red is not my favorite color so seeking inspiration in red was going to be hard.  At first I set off to just take a picture of something red.  So I took the picture below.


But I just wasn't feeling it.  Yes it had red in it, but I didn't like it.  Taking pictures like that isn't what I want to do.  So I decided that I would share it only if I came up with something else.  And of course that I did.

We went on a snowy hike Friday at Little Beaver State Park.  After Winter Storm Jonas dumped around a foot of snow on us last weekend we were ready to get out and stretch our legs.  I, of course, had my camera in tow (which I need to find a better way to carry it while hiking).  

The dogs and I were walking up at the camp group when in the distance I saw this:


Now without zooming up you can't see what I saw in the background and even with zooming up its hard to tell.  But ... I'll show you.

My something red this week is:



My lesson this week for the photo challenge is just wait something that inspires you or says "take my picture" is around every corner.  We have hiked this area countless times and I can't believe I didn't even remember seeing it up there.  


This challenge is hosted by Dogwood Photography and called the Dogwood 52 Week Photography Challenge. 

And if you want to check out more of our challenge pictures please click this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment