I wasn't going to do this challenge then thought what would it hurt ... so here goes...
Today is the 5th Annual Pet Blogger Challenge. Below are the list of questions for this year.
1. How long have you been blogging? And, for anyone stopping by for the first time, please give us a quick description of what your blog is about.
I've been blogging since December 13, 2012 (oops ... missed that Blogiversary date this year!). So over 2 years now ... wow! I can't believe I've kept it up this long.
Mostly this blog is about the life of Teach (and now Tucker) my smooth collies. I post mostly pictures of them doing what we love, hiking. We also participate in rally, obedience and now conformation. So I cover some our training goals and methods as well.
2. Tell us one thing that you accomplished on your blog during 2014 that made you proud.
Nothing really stands out that I would have accomplished since I didn't set any goals for the blog. I tried to post regularly, at least on the picture days.
3. What lessons have you learned this year - from other blogs, or through your own experience - that could help us all with your own blogs?
Be consistent with your posts and when you post. People like schedules and knowing when to expect something. I really enjoy the "regular" bloggers that post certain things on certain days. I try to do the same.
4. What have you found to be the most successful way to bring traffic to your blog, other than by writing great content?
Pictures! I have found that people enjoy pictures (and I do the same). I don't like reading posts without them. And to also get out there and comment. If you find a post you like just leave a few words, I for one love comments and I'm sure others do as well! I love knowing what people are thinking.
5. What was your most popular blog post this year? Did it surprise you that it was your most popular?
Surprisingly it was Baby Shower Picture Post (which has nothing to do with the dogs!). It had the most views by far of any other post in 2014! The post with the most comments were some of my Wordless Wednesday posts (see people like pictures!).
6. What was your favorite blog post to write this year?
I really enjoyed writing about our first breed ring experience with Tucker. I also enjoyed doing the A to Z challenge.
7. Has your policy on product review and/or giveaways changed this year? If you do reviews, what do you find works best, and what doesn't work at all? If you don't do reviews, is this something you'd like to do more of? What hurdle is getting in your way?
I just added a policy for reviewing to our blog last month. I haven't been asked to do any reviews, but its something we're interested in trying. The biggest hurdle, I think, is getting the blog name out there and creating enough traffic for reviews. So we will try and be more social and get our name out there more.
8. What's your best piece of advice for other bloggers?
I talked about this earlier ... be consistent. Try to post on a scheduled (I need to follow my own advice here ... LOL!)
9. What goals do you have for your blog in 2015?
To be consistent with my posting (you know, following my own advice). And be able do a review or two.
10. If you could ask the pet blogging community for help with one challenge you're having with your blog, what would it be?
How do you keep up with everything on the social media and keep up with the blog? I know a lot of the blogs I admire and enjoy post on everything and still have time for great blog posts.
Feel free to join in! It was fun!!