Friday, March 22, 2013

Chilly Hike at Little Beaver

Teach and I headed out for a hike this afternoon.  The sun was very nice, but still there is a chill in the air.  We are very ready for spring to come.  Had some snow on portions of the trail.  Of course we stopped for pictures and even a bit of training.

In Rally Excellent we have a sign that is "send to jump" where the handler stops a good distance from the jump and sends the dog over it and the dog comes back to heel position before passing the jump together.  We haven't really practiced this much at all.  Today I wanted to see what he would do if I did send him to something from a distance.  There was a picnic table a good distance from where we were and I told him to go get on it.  Was shocked when this happened, actually, and proud.  Sometimes he does amaze me with how smart he is and how quick he catches on to things.  So I did it again and took a video which you all can watch.



Here are some pictures we took along the trail.  Came across a few deer.  Took a few reminders not to go chase them, but he did listen.  What I like the most about hiking at this park is the lack of other people so we can enjoy hiking off leash.  









Practicing our balance

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Yea Teach!!! That's awesome!!! I wish I could get Max to do that!!!! I'd be one proud Mama too!!! I wanna come hang out with you at Little Beaver - looks really nice and tranquil!

    ReplyDelete