Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Roxy

Teach here, I took over the keyboard to tell the story of my hateful loving Aunt Roxy.  She decided she wanted some page time and snapped asked nicely for me to tell it.  So as not to get in trouble I decided to oblige.

Her story begins almost 7 years ago when my mom (Rebecca), Aunt Susan and Aunt Dee went to a Dave Matthews Concert in OH and stopped on the way to see Roxy.
(and they thought I had big ears ... OMG ... don't tell her though I said that)

They say it was love at first site, but its hard for me to believe.

From the beginning she started to take over.  Here is a picture of her and Mia (I didn't know Mia long) when they first brought her home ... she has the offended look going on, and those ears again.  And Mia didn't look to happy, although they tell me that Mia liked babies (she never liked me!).

I think her being a hill-bully started showing at a young age as well.  They told me they called her the 3-lb terror.  

And just to show that Mia did end up playing with her, here is a picture:

I think my mom has always liked dressing up dogs for Halloween because they did it to Roxy as well.

Just not sure she will ever grow into her ears!
Roxy has been going to the beach since she was just 6 months old.  She is still "afraid" of it though!



For the most part Roxy has just been a hateful loving Corgi.  She did get her CGC in 2008 or 2009.  But obedience wasn't her thing.  Guarding the house is her thing from anything coming or going ... she will bark and alert of some sort of danger, whether its danger or not.

Here is a picture of Roxy being made to act nice to me at the beach last year.


I do love my Aunt but I know that the feeling isn't really mutual.  She just "tolerates" me.  And here is how we "play" together.  I was just 6 months old in this video, it was November 2011.  As you'll see she shows lots of teeth, but it doesn't bother me.  My favorite game is "we love Roxy" where I jump around and bark at her and "tag you're it" her.


So for the most part that is her story.  I know I left stuff out of it, and I'll probably get "snapped" at for it ... but I'll just kiss her and think that everything is OK.




1 comment:

  1. Aw, Roxy sure is adorable! How could she not love and adore you though? You're a Collie! Ah well, at least she tolerates you, right? ;)

    xoxo
    Marquie, Lassie & Petal

    ReplyDelete